Custom Space Planning Experts
We are experts at creating space you never knew you had. Making it work better and look better.
Starting decades ago with The Minimal Space our former store on University Ave, we have specialized in making San Francisco Bay area spaces work better and look better for hundreds of clients.
It’s quite amazing how poorly some of the most expensive residential space in the world was planned. For example, we’ve fixed many multi-million dollar condos which were sold without a bit of closet space. We’ve converted tiny one-room apartments into a practical & complete living units. We’ve turned large useless rooms into elegant multi-purpose beauties.
Typical Space Planning Process
Here are some of the typical steps involved in designing a client’s space. We:
- Meet you at your home or office and together identify your needs.
- Submit a Design Agreement which outlines the scope and cost of work.
- Survey and photograph the existing space in preparation for a scaled drawing
- Study your traffic patterns and eliminate wasted corridor space
- Maximize your storage
- Eliminate unnecessary doors to create additional usable wall space
- Design using your furniture or suggest best furniture solutions
- Prepare a schematic design for your consideration and completely explain the pros, cons and options which have been considered
- We can also design a dramatic lighting (& electrical) system based on the approved floor layout.
If you wish further assistance in your project we are also available to work WITH you through all phases, from design through installation. For example we can help you:
- Find experienced local contractors and other resources
- Get cost estimates from them based on the final approved schematic
- Obtain all permits and oversee all phases of your project through to completion
- Use our extensive experience to solve any problems that may come up during construction
Email us at email@example.com to discuss your situation. We’ve probably been there, done something similar before!
The best way to contact Modern Spaces is by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please leave your phone number, a brief message and other contact information so that we can discuss your interests with you and can arrange a convenient appointment, either at your project location or at our San Francisco Office (note: by appointment only) if appropriate.